New US shipping laws and updates

New here and want it short? This is your section!
For more detailed updates please check the dated posts below this block.

- USA made a new law that requires all sellers to register toy products at the CPSC (product safety)
- Since we needed specific certificates and to register, this took us some weeks to figure out
- Since July all US orders have been stopped and stored at Pakajo in Hamburg. Germany
- We´re currently only waiting for the US broker to greenlight our commercial invoices
- It takes some time so it´s all set 100% correct or otherwise there´s a risk of customs destroying all packages when they arrive!
- US orders made mid September / October are not packed and send to Pakajo until they tell us the situation is solved and packages are good to go again
 - Until packages have actually left Hamburg you´re of course free to ask for a refund, for everyone else waiting out we´re very thankful!

The whole situation is more than unfortunate and enrages all, us, Pakajo and you as customers. We´re very grateful for all of your support and patience and work constantly to make shipping work smoothly for the US again! 💙

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 23. October 2026

We didn´t receive any update mails this week, so I called today.
Sadly my personal support person wasn´t available, so I contacted general support who was able to slightly help. She told me my personal one who is responsible for the US stuff was on a training today thus not available.
She didn´t know of US orders being prepared for shipping this week since they had too low capacities of workers.
She wrote extra notes to the person I´m  usually working with to immediately contact me once she´s back in office. Since they´re out on weekends, I expect that to be next week.

I wanted to make a Newsletter post as well once I know exact infos as I want to let you US customers know when the boxes finally get out and when is the time to contact back in case something got lost on the way, so I had to still wait with this.

Also since invoices been sent out this week, I wanted to start packing the orders from end of September till now that came in but weren´t packed or labeled since Pakajo told me to not send them more stuff to store until things are solved.
Of course the IT of Pakajo has a technical problem this week and label creating is also down x.x If things go down, they go down hard right? 
The support on phone told me that the problem is known though and they´re already working on it. So next week packing it is I suppose.

I don´t know what´s worse of a wait, the last weeks and months of getting things solved, or those last mile days of where I know they got all they need and it´s just about sending them out :`)
It´s 350 packages though... ain´t that easy to make room for all at once, I can see that.

Let´s take a deep breath, we´re so close.
As always, rest assured that I keep you updated on any news I receive!

-Therbis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 18. October 2026

Sitting literally at the edge of our seats now since we sent out our commercial invoice to Pakajo, including all edits the broker asked for. Since Pakajo support ain´t working on weekends, we expect a reply with a long awaited green light on Monday / Tuesday.
Come on, we´re all crossing fingers here 🤞

-Therbis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 07. October 2026

Not much of an update but something to let you know we´re still working on it.
I contacted CPSC itself (the US product filing registry) and they told me all things are registered correctly, all products can be seen. So whatever the broker had for doubts of not finding the registrar, should be void.
Now it´s only about him checking of the trading bills are set correctly and there´s really no hole that leaves room for holdups at the customs.
We´re waiting for his reply for a week now. How long can someone take to reply to that x.x 
This person should have a different job U.U
We still got fingers crossed that the orders can be send out this week.

Orders that send to the US and are currently made will stay in an unfilfilled state / no label printed until things are solved, so no worries if you made an order recently and it didn´t pack and send yet, the products are reserved for your orders.

-Therbis
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 21. September 2026

It looks like we´ll have to ask for your patience a bit more.
I exchanged infos throughout the weekend with Pakajo and my accountant. Since we got somewhat threatened that if things are not registered right we´d risk our packages to be destroyed by American border, I asked my accountant for some legal moves on how the special US bills are correct and how things should go. He gave me a list now that I had forwarded to Pakajo and for them to forward it to the broker. If all on the list get´s approved, there´s no reason for our packages not going through.
Now there´s also material lists they ask to be in. Easy enough for all plushies are 100% polyester fabrics, but still another time waster.
It feels like that broker either bullies us or genuinely doesn´t know his job well.

I can only thank you all for your patience again.
You CAN still ask for a refund as long as the packages lay at Pakajo (we could ask them to send us back certain packages before things head for shipping overseas).

Every further wait from you and with it your support, is of course greatly appreciated. 
These are some hella frustrating times when it comes to shipping :/

-Therbis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 17. September 2026

Hello everyone,
I got a new update for you. Today I got another Email from Pakajo who heard back from their broker in the US.
He now also demanded commercial bills with additional CPSC infos in each of those bills. And again I spend money on new shop apps and invested time to get all 346 orders as commercial invoice to send to the broker.
I cross fingers this will finally be enough and that they not ask for new things again.

-Therbis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 10. September 2026

I had another phone call and email exchange with Pakajo today. The packages are still laying at their place. The broker in the US demanded informations which are simply impossible to find within the profile I created for the E-Filing. Pakajo asked them again now for how and where to find those informations.
It´s breathtakingly ridiculous at this point.
Pakajo at this point feels as sorry as I feel towards you, the US customers.

I´ll keep you all updated still. I cross my fingers for them to finally go on their journey by next week. If you ever had the fun of government site registrations, you can probably relate to my pain right now :`)

💙

-Therbis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 07. September 2026

For a safety check we called Pakajo again today to see if the packages finally moved. Pakajo said they´re not yet moving since they´re in touch with a broker overseas and asked if the ID I gave them is really working and enough. (If not, about 350 packages would come back from US which would mean a HUGE cost pile). I´m supposed to get feedback tomorrow.

It´s always some fun to get through new laws that get created out of thin air :`)

For now I´d still stick with the possible latest shipping time for the 25th September as even if it´s agreed tomorrow, it should still fit in time.
If not so, you´ll definitely get an update through here!

Again thanks for everyone for their patience, we can work through this together 💙

-Therbis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 04. September 2026

Alright everyone, we got updates! And inconvient ones.
I got a phone call today from Pakajo. They asked if WE got any updates on the certificate situation.
I´ve been confused, told them I send those infos 2 weeks ago already and that I thought all packages where going already, specially since I called around the 20th August and asked if the shipments are going where I´ve been told it´ll be out if I send all stuff in.
After going through our confusion together, it showed that the E-mail I sent my certificates ID to was deactivated by Pakajo and so they never received it!

King of inconvenience and misscommunication.
The lady on the phone told me where to send it which I did right whilst on the phone still and that they´ll now be able to work them down.

I´m SO sorry for all of you Americans who gotta wait another 2 weeks for the packages to finally go on their journey.
International shipping seems to just be a pain these days x.x

With the status of them receiving the certs now and sending them out, I´d say shipments should arrive in the US roughly  18th to latest 25th September. If your package didn´t move until that last date, please contact us!

Thank you all massively for your patience 💙

-Therbis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 18 August 2026

We updated our CPCs on the US website and gave that info to Pakajo!
Expect your orders to start their journey within the next couple days.
Finally :)

If your tracking hasn´t updated by 4th September, please contact us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 17 August 2026

There was a delay on the CPCs of the  CozyClaws and Yuri&Friends. They´re still meant to arrive early this week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Update : 06 August 2026

CPC certificates are ordered and are meant to arrive the next week!
Once we got them, we´re updating our database on the US site and tell Pakajo to ship out the orders!

New US orders will receive their labels and be packed once we got the CPC problem solved, so that not more packages pile at Pakajo before everything´s ready.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 29 July 2026

We got a little update from our shipment partner Pakajo.
So the US does force sellers now to register and pre-send CPC licenses for each product labeled as toy (which plushies will always fall under, even if you say they´re more of a collectors item).
Since we´re in the EU and the CE is the stronger certificate anyway, we only have this as a safety certificate. Since the US doesn´t want CE but force to have the CPC one, we will have to get every plush we ever made re-certified.
This will take at least a week to receive and additional cost us a lot of money (roughly 200€ per license!).
There is about 17 plushies we can´t get a CPC for right now since we switched our supplier at some time and can´t receive the license from them anymore.
We would need to remake every of those plushies with our new supplier which would cost a lot per plush again. 

So we sadly had to block those 17 plushies from US shipping for now :
PocketSaurus: Lorna, Paul, Tessa, Chris, Sharon, Balduin, Velcan, Torsten, Bobby, Bruno, Monty, Dennis, Nano, Pasha, Dalia
Yuri&Friends : Gisa, Pavo

When visiting the shop from the US, they will simply not appear to you in the shop.
In the long run, we will get some of them remade with the new supplier to get them certified with CPC, but for now we can´t afford this much as we´re still just a two people small business.

All other plushies will get their CPC certificates soon, and once all is set with the registration site too, the packages at Pakajo will be send to US!
Once they´re on their journey, there will be another Newsletter update.

Thanks for your patience!

-Therbis

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 24 July 2026

Hello to our US customers!

(This site won´t be intersting to you if you´re not from the US.)

We sadly got to update our US customers, that there will be a delay in shipping. After our recent sales we now got about 250 US orders waiting to get shipped. Around 100 of them have been lead forward to our shipping provider Pakajo which is meant to put the packages on planes to the US.

Now Pakajo contacted us and told us that there is new laws since the 8th July. These laws force any seller to be registered to a site on which you got to register every single product and it´s licensces (in our case CE). Without that registration, packages can and will be stopped and either kept or sent back.

That´s the reason Pakajo didn´t ship the 100 packages they got of us yet but rather contacted us. For them it´s also something new still they´re trying to make sense of how it works.

The problem is, that their registration process is based on B2B (business to business) and we do B2C (business to customer). This means to register you´re required some other numbers you can only have if you´re registered as business in the US already, which we as German company of course aren´t.

This process of getting that number for registering, can take some time, hopefully just some days, but we all know how it is with bureaucracy sometimes. I sent multiple mails, made many calls and got every ball rolling I could find. I´m crossing fingers that this will all be solved soon so your packages can find their way to you.

It feels like the US government is doing anything they can to stop people from buying from other countries 💔
But we don´t want to give up on our US customers, we´ll fight through it for you!

Thank you all for your patience and for supporting our business! Your love for our dino nuggets this week was mindblowing🧡

Sales for the US are still open and will stay so, just be aware shipping might take longer than normally.

If you feel like discussing the situation feel free to join our Discord server! There you can chat with us and other users, share art, photos and joy :)

I´ll be updating this site whenever I got new informations!

-Therbis